Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Monday Night Blues.. Or purples, as it may be

Yesterday, I ventured to the Timeless Isle again, in search of the pieces of gear I need to upgrade and some Burdens to make them better.

I am quite annoyed at my burdens of late.  I did get one 2 nights ago, and upgraded a pair of shoes (Shoes are important. I've mentioned this) and the resulting pair of shoes had an ilvl of 33 more points than the ones I had on, but removed ALL the spirit.  NO spirit on these shoes.  Nor did it give me any stat that could be reforged into spirit.  Nothing was green on this at all!

I was so angry.  What a waste!  A pretty pair of shoes, and although the ilvl was a little higher, I not only need a higher ilvl, I need the spirit!

So, last night I was there.  Looking for burdens and gear.  I got in on 2 rares kills (no drops for me, just coins and stones and a lesser charm), and took my coins for a gamble of chests.

And I got gear!  But they were duplicates to things sitting in my bags currently.   And not one burden.

I was already tired and annoyed, so I kept it short.  I went back to my inn to sleep.  Hopefully tonight is a better night.

Confession - When I'm tired and cranky, I want to strangle that large over-sized monkey and take all his keys to those chests!

I will also say that my approach to the chests in that room is a throw back to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  I only choose from the small chests that line the room.  Not the blingy ones.   To date, I've gotten several burdens over all, lots and lots of timeless pieces, and 3 Bongos and a lot of coin..

Maybe there really is something to that old adages "Less is More" and "Don't judge a book (or chest) by it's cover."

~Saisri

No comments:

Post a Comment