Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Assertiveness and handling situations

Today was our final formal discussion on assertiveness . We went over the exercise that I did on who I am/am not assertive with, why, and how it makes me feel. Oh, and what I want out of it.

It's an interesting topic for me because I'm able to speak my mind or opinions most of the time. But around certain  types of people, I allow myself to be put in a backseat and let others control my circumstances. 

When faced with those types of situations, I become indecisive and passive. A lot of it stems from how I was conditioned growing up. 

Today though, I am told I'm doing well, considering. I have my sense of humor intact. I know what it is I want for my life, I just have to take action and retake control of my path. 

The homework for this week is to write a list of changes I would like to happen...big or little, important or insignificant. It's an interesting thought. She says it will be part of an exorcise. 

Until next time...
Saisri 


No comments:

Post a Comment